Who are Qualified to avail the Affordable Housing Program of Pag-IBIG?
The Affordable Housing Program of Pag-IBIG under Circular 379 (which amended Circular 312) states that a qualified borrower with not more than P17,500 monthly salary for NCR and P14,000 monthly salary in other regions can borrow up to P750,000 and P450,000 housing loan, respectively.
The Circular states the eligibility requirements of a person who wants to avail a housing loan as follows:
1.) On Pag-IBIG Membership
- Must be a member under the Pag-IBIG I Membership Program as evidenced by the remittance of at least twenty-four (24) monthly savings at the time of application;
- A member, whose monthly savings are still short of the required number, may be allowed to apply for this program; provided, his total savings upon application is at least equivalent to 24 monthly savings based on the mandatory rate, inclusive of the employee (EE) and the employer (ER) counterparts;
- A new member who wishes to apply for a Pag-IBIG Fund AHP may be allowed to do so; provided, he remits the required 24 monthly savings based on the mandatory rate in lump sum, inclusive of the EE and ER counterparts. Said lump sum amount shall be considered a single remittance for the applicable month as of the payment date;
2.) Monthly Income
Has a gross monthly income not exceeding Seventeen Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P17,500). Gross monthly income is herein defined as basic monthly compensation and cost of living allowance;
Not more than sixty-five (65) years old at the date of application and not more than seventy (70) years old at maturity;
4.) Legal Capacity
Has the legal capacity to acquire and encumber real property;
5.) Financial Capability
Has passed satisfactory background/credit and employment/business checks of Pag-IBIG Fund;
6.) If with existing Pag-IBIG housing account, either as principal buyer / borrower or CO-buyer/ co-borrower, it must be updated;
7.) Has no outstanding Pag-IBIG Short Term Loan (STL) in arrears at the time of application. A member whose STL is in arrears shall be required to update his account; and
8.) Had no Pag-IBIG housing account that was foreclosed, cancelled, bought back due to default, or subjected to dacion en pago, which shall include cases where the borrower is no longer interested to pursue his housing account and surrenders the property.
However, the Fund’s Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Home Lending Operations Cluster may allow such borrower to apply for a new Pag-IBIG housing loan under certain meritorious conditions such as in the following cases:
- Illness of the borrower or any of his immediate family members as certified by a government doctor together with the abstract or findings of the attending physician, if different from the certifying government doctor. The illness under consideration must be that which required the borrower to incur substantial expenses or a prolonged treatment of such illness which caused him/her to fail in his/her obligation with the Fund and eventually resulted in the foreclosure of his Real Estate Mortgage (REM) account, cancellation of the DCS or Contract-to-Sell (CTS), or surrender of his/her property via dacion en paqo,
- Unemployment of the borrower at the time his previous housing account was foreclosed, its DCS/CTS cancelled or the property surrendered through dacion en pago, but the said borrower has now become employed and is able to meet all other eligibility criteria;
- The subject property has been expropriated by the Government; or
- Other similar meritorious cases that the Deputy Chief Executive Officer – Home Lending Operations Cluster may consider.
A qualified Pag-IBIG member may apply for a housing loan of up to Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pesos (P750,OOO.OO),which shall be based on the lowest of the following:
- the member’s desired loan amount and loanable amount based on gross monthly income,
- capacity to pay and;
- the loan-to-appraised value ratio.
Please note that those earning more than P17,500 are not under this Circular for Affordable Housing Program. It is covered under Circular 310 for the End User Financing Program which I will be discussing also on my next blogs.
I hope that you learn something from this blog and thank you for reading.